George Bush has not been President for nearly a month, and yet everyday I continue to hear about how horrible/wonderful his administration was. I have spent the last eight years of my life listening to the media frenzy surrounding the Bush Administration, and I am in DESPERATE need of a break.

This week I have heard that George Bush:

And in the midst of hearing a parody of "Can't Get You Outta My Head" play in the back of my mind, there is another development in the endless waiting for George Bush to go away. Senator Patrick Leah has proposed a "truth and reconciliation commission" to air out the last administration's dirty laundry.

Part of me is predictably pleased with this new development, after all, with so much controversy surrounding the Bush Administration it would be nice to have the truth out in the open for every American citizen to know and believe.

On the other hand, what ever shady schemes Cheney and Bush were involved in, at least part of that was our fault. After all, what kind of nation looks the other way while it's president lines the pockets of his rich CEO buddies and rigs the election- twice? Wouldn't it have been better if we all had collectively decided that we were going to get to the bottom of "it" years ago?

President Obama has said that he's all for prosecuting "clear" wrongdoings anytime, but generally he prefers to look ahead. I am not one to rue the past either, but I sure don't mind making the past rue me. I just hope that if we spend millions of tax payer dollars on investigating the last administration that it moves us ahead- and not backwards.